- This mixture is suitable for a wide range of soil types, except for extremely wet or dry soils.
- Grows best on light and shallow soils.
- Ideal for large areas at the end of a garden, or in front of a fence or wall.
- When sowing in deeper soils the floral meadow can reach an increased average height of 90cm, therefore sowing in front of wire netting or a wall can be useful in providing support.
- 'Best Buy' in the Which? Gardening Tests - March 2015.
Sowing time: Spring or Autumn
First signs of blossom: 6 to 8 weeks after sowing. From April in the second year
Average flowering period: 3 months
Price: from £14.99 to cover 7 square metres
25 annual & perennial species including Agrostemma githago, Ammi majus, Centaurea cyanus, Chrysanthemum leucanthemum, Chrysanthemum segetum, Coreopsis lanceolata, Gypsophila elegans, Lathyrus odoratus, Linum perenne, Lupinus perennis, Papaver rhoeas and Salvia horminum