This mixture contains a range of annual flower species which will produce large amounts of seed, a nutritious food source for the birds. When the flowers begin to fade in the autumn, the flower meadow will become a sculptural food reserve for birds such as goldfinches, linnets and sparrows, providing the resources they need to survive the winter.
We recommend re-sowing this mix every year in spring to maintain floral diversity.
- Average height: 80cm
- Aspect: Sunny or partial shade
- Soil type: Loam, Dry, Clay
- Sowing period: March to June
- First signs of blossom: 6 to 8 weeks after sowing, or from April in the second year
- Average flowering period: 3 months
- Coverage: 7 and 30 square metre pack sizes
Our packaging is made from FSC recycled cardboard and environmentally friendly inks. The seed bags are waxed paper or compostable starch to keep seeds in the best condition during storage. Seed packs are supplied ready-mixed with husks for ease of distribution.
17 annual species including: Anthriscus cerefolium (Chervil), Coriandrum sativum (Coriander), Cosmos bipinnatus (Garden Cosmos), Facopyrum esculentum (Buckwheat), Helianthus annuus (Common Sunflower), Linum usitatissimum (Flax), Pancum milliaceum (Proso Millet) and Sorghum sudanense.