A selection of grasses that cope well with the lower light levels in wooded areas. When allowed to grow, the tall grasses add a dimension of gentle rippling movement and tone. Suited to a range of soil types.
• Sow into bare soil that has been lightly dug over and raked.
• If sowing into existing grassland, cut and scarify the grass thoroughly, to remove any thatch, uprooting some of the grass to create patches of bare soil, amounting to approx 50% of the area.
• Empty the contents of your seed pack into a container and mix together thoroughly. Sharp sand can be mixed in to add bulk to help distribute the seeds.
• Broadcast the seeds evenly over the prepared surface.
• Press the seeds firmly down to ensure good soil contact, either using a roller or by treading them down.
100% British Native Grasses
Agrostis capillaris (Common Bent), Anthoxanthum odoratum (Sweet Vernal-grass), Brachypodium sylvaticum ( False Brome), Cynosurus cristatus (Crested Dogstail), Deschampsia cespitosa (Tufted Hair-grass ), Festuca rubra (Red Fescue), Poa nemoralis (Wood Meadow-grass).
Our packaging is made from FSC recycled cardboard and environmentally friendly inks. The seed bags are waxed paper or compostable starch to keep seeds in the best condition during storage. Seed packs are supplied ready-mixed with organic husks for ease of distribution.