Shaded areas and north facing gardens can be very difficult to manage, particularly for novice and hobby gardeners. Species selection is challenging, and technical skill required. Our shaded area mix is the perfect solution, combining annual and perennial species which will grow well in areas beneath trees and deciduous shrubs.
- Average height: 60-80cm
- Aspect: Shade or semi-shade
- Soil type: Loam
- Sowing time: September-October and March-June
- First signs of blossom: 6 to 8 weeks after sowing, and from April in the second year
- Average flowering period: 3 months
- Coverage: 3, 7 and 30 square metre pack sizes
- Main colours: Blue, pink and white
Our packaging is made from FSC recycled cardboard and environmentally friendly inks. The seed bags are waxed paper or compostable starch to keep seeds in the best condition during storage. Seed packs are supplied ready-mixed with husks for ease of distribution.
21 annual & perennial species including: Aquilegia vulgaris (Common Columbine), Borago officinalis (Borage), Digitalis purpurea (Foxglove), Filipendula ulmaria (Meadowsweet), Hesperis matronalis (Dame’s Rocket), Malva sylvestris (Common Mallow), Myosotis alpestris (Alpine Forget-Me-Not), Nemophila menziesii (Baby Blue Eyes), Papaver rhoeas (Common Poppy) and Viola cornuta (Horned Violet).